Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Surgery Moved to Thursday Morning

Liam's surgery has been moved to this Thursday morning with a start time of 8:00 am. I just remembered in my sleep deprived state that I had not yet updated the blog. Sometime today (Wednesday) we will need to tell Liam that he will be going to the operating room again and this is one of the hardest things for us to do. The pressure that is building as we inch toward Thursday is almost unbearable. We have been here before and the imagery is burned into our memories permanently. Parting with Liam as he is taken into the OR gives you an immediate emptiness I cannot describe and that I will never forget. It is a feeling I know I will feel again all too soon. An overwhelming sense of anger, frustration, fear, and sadness.

To Dr. LaQuaglia and the surgery team as well as Dr. Walden and the radiation team; please keep Liam safe and return him to us and all of those who love him free of this cancer once and for all. Please treat him and care for him as if he was your very own son....

Enter your email address to receive updates on Liam's progress

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz