Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Birthday Wish

Wednesday, August 20th is my birthday. I have two very special birthday wishes. I’m sure everyone knows one of those wishes since it’s the same wish we all have for sweet Liam. The other wish came to me today as I was restraining a kicking, screaming, crying, thrashing Liam who was trying to avoid getting a finger stick to check his blood counts. (They were, by the way, very good and we might be starting the second and hopefully final round of chemo on Wednesday.) My birthday wish is to hear from 100 people by Wednesday who are committed to holding a bake sale in support of pediatric cancer research. I can’t think of anything I want more than to know that everyone who has been following our story wants to get involved. And I think it’s a reasonable wish. If every person who reads about Liam e-mailed us to tell us they want to hold a bake sale, we would easily surpass that number. If each of those people convinced two of their friends to join the cause and hold their own bake sale, then we’d really be getting into some impressive numbers. If we can sell 96,000 cookies in a few weeks, why couldn’t we hear from 100 people who want to hold a bake sale? And the bigger those numbers are, the more we can fight back against pediatric cancer. I hope my birthday wish comes true. I need my birthday wish to come true.
Gretchen

gretchen.holt@gmail.com

Enter your email address to receive updates on Liam's progress

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz